Please be advised that we take the health of our students and staff very seriously. While our normal disinfecting procedures went above and beyond, we are being extra-diligent in disinfecting all of our equipment, tables and bathrooms before and after every course. Hand washing before and after the class is encouraged plus hand sanitizer is available throughout the Training Center. We will continue to take every necessary precaution to help stop the spread of this virus. If you are scheduled to take a class and are feeling ill, please call us as soon as possible to reschedule. We are limiting class sizes to give everyone adequate space.
- Once registration has been processed, deposits/payments are non-refundable. Payments may be moved to a different class, within 60 days of the regularly scheduled class, as long as we are notified prior to the start of the class you are scheduled for via phone or email. See no show and rescheduling policy below.
- CPR Skills Tests must be cancelled 24hours prior to test time. A $25 fee will be charged for late cancellations or no shows.
NO SHOW POLICY:
- Any student who does not show up to class and does not notify us prior to the start of the class is considered a No Show and deposit is not eligible to be used to reschedule the class. If you have paid in full and want to reschedule the class, there will be a $20 rescheduling fee for all classes with the exception of the ACLS and Instructor classes where there is a $30 rescheduling fee.
- In order to reschedule a class, please call us at 631-724-3537 or email us at Pat@advancedtrainingcenterli.com prior to the scheduled class. Class may be rescheduled one time with no additional charge. Classes rescheduled a second time are subject to a $20 fee.
- ACLS and INSTRUCTOR classes are limited in size. Therefore, you must call to reschedule 48 hours prior to class. Classes rescheduled a second time are subject to a $30 fee.
- Classes may be rescheduled within 60 days of the originally scheduled class date.
- Arriving late to class can be disrupting to the other students. Therefore, please arrive on time. We recommend that students arrive to class 10 – 15 minutes prior to the start of the class. Any student that arrives late will be admitted at the Instructors discretion. Arriving more than 15 minutes late to class will be considered a No Show. If the student is late for a rescheduled class, the student will be considered as a No Show and deposit is forfeited.
REPLACEMENT AHA CERTIFICATION CARDS FOR CPR CLASSES OR NYS SECURITY GUARD CERTIFICATES
- Please safeguard your cards/certificates. In the event you need another one, please call the office to arrange payment.
- The fee for a replacement AHA Certification Card is $25 and may be picked up at the office. If you need it mailed there is an additional $2 fee, for a total of $27.
- The fee for a replacement NYS Security Guard Certificate is $5 and may be picked up at the office. If you need it mailed to you there is an additional $2 fee, for a total of $7.
- Students are responsible for the correct spelling of their name. Student must check the spelling on the class roster at the beginning of the class to make sure their name is correct. If the student fails to notify the instructor that the name is spelled incorrectly, and the card/certificate is printed incorrectly, you will be responsible to pay the replacement fee in order to obtain another one.
CREDIT CARD CHARGE BACK/DISPUTE:
- If a charge is placed in dispute by the student (or the cardholder if it is not the student’s card) because the student (or the cardholder) do not recognize/recall this charge, the student is responsible for a processing fee of $25.00 in addition to the original charges due on the transaction.
Your privacy is very important to us. Any information you provide us when you register is kept strictly confidential and is never sold to outside vendors. We use this information only to provide you the services needed.
The information provided on Advanced Training Center of Long Island’s website is presented ‘as is’ and we are not held responsible for any mistakes or misprints. This includes any incorrect pricing or product descriptions. Advanced Training Center of Long Island expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, or any kind with respect to the website and its use. You agree that Advanced Training Center of Long Island, its officers, employees, and representatives will not be held liable for damages arising from the use of this content and its information.
The third required training course for the New York State Security Guard license is the 8-Hour Annual In-Service Training Course. This security guard training course must be completed each calendar year. This program is designed to meet current training needs and refresh or update guards in changes in the field. The security guard must complete this course annually as a prerequisite for renewal of their security guard license. Cost is $60 and certificate will be given that day.
The second required course for the New York State Security Guard License is the 16 Hour On- The-Job Security Guard Training Course (OJT). This class should be taken within the first 90 days of full time employment. This training program is relevant to the duties of the security guard, requirements of the work site, and the needs of the employer. During this 2 day class we include training in BASIC FIRST AID and/or CPR/AED. The fee for this 2-day course is $130*. You receive a course completion certificate as well as a 2 year certification from the American Heart Association.
*While it is not required by the State, some companies prefer if you have the 16 Hour On-The-Job training class completed prior to employment. For those students wishing to complete the 16 Hour OJT class within one month of taking the 8 Hour Pre-Assignment class with us, we will discount the class from $130 to $100.
The first required course is the 8-hour Pre-assignment Training Course and is required training by the Division of Criminal Justice Services in order to receive your New York State Security Guard License. This is a general introductory course. You are issued a certificate upon successful completion. This certificate must accompany your Security Guard license application when submitted to the Department of State.
Cost is $60 and certificate of completion will be given that day.
We are an official Training Center of the American Heart Association and we are licensed by the Division of Criminal Justice Services and the NRA to conduct the courses for Security Guards, Armed Security Guards, HR218 and the NYS Concealed Carry Firearms Course.
We are committed to bringing quality training to every class we teach whether it be at one of our classes at our training facility in Smithtown, for your staff at your office or for family and friends in the comfort of your own home.
Since we are an Official AHA Training Center, certification cards are issued to you on the same day as your class.
We offer certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers and ACLS (both the Original and Refresher Courses), CPR Instructor, Heartsaver CPR & AED, and Heartsaver First Aid, NYS Concealed Carry Firearms Course, Armed Guard, Unarmed Guard, and HR218 (LEOSA).
Our class calendar contains all our scheduled classes in our Smithtown location. Just find the class that is right for you and you can register right on-line. Or, feel free to call us and we will process your registration for you.
Our on-site training option offers you the flexibility to complete the training at a time that is convenient for you and your staff. We offer training when you need it, whether it be during the day, evenings, or weekends. Please call our office, 631-724-3537 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and to schedule your class. (There is a minimum of 10 students needed for private classes.)
Our Course is accepted in Suffolk, Nassau and NYC
All classes are taught by our Instructors who are licensed by DCJS and the NRA
Following the guidelines set forth by the Division of Criminal Justice Services and the New York State Police, we will be conducting the 16 Hour educational course which consists of: Classroom Training Curriculum, A Written Proficiency test plus 2 hours of Live-Fire Training.
Classroom training topics covered include: State and federal gun laws, general firearm safety, firearm cleaning and maintenance, safe handling practices, range safety rules, proper holster and retention strategies for safe concealed carry, conflict de-escalation, effects of alcohol and drug use as it pertains to firearm safety, best practices when encountering law enforcement, statutorily defined sensitive and restricted locations, conflict management, use of deadly physical force, suicide prevention, and basic principles of marksmanship.
Following the classroom training, a written proficiency test and live-fire proficiency assessment will be conducted. A written score of 80% on the written test and 4 out of 5 rounds must be on target from a range of 4 yards for the live-fire assessment for each type of firearm you are qualifying with.
Requirements for class enrollment
Must possess a current pistol permit, drivers license or non-photo ID. Must bring your own unloaded firearm in safety storage box, holster and appropriate ear and eye protection. Ammo is required for range day only.
You make the schedule, we’ll work around your staff’s hours, so day-to-day business is not interrupted. We are a full service company offering customized lesson plans, corporate discounts, specialized courses, license applications provided and assistance with the application